We know that today there is so much content available on various platforms that there is no shortage of it and there is still youth particularly students who are still panicking always and looking for external elements out there but the reality which everyone must understand today and make it a fundamental assumption is that motivation is within you. You don’t always need externalities to provoke the inner zest inside you, sometimes it should just come naturally. There are ways of always staying motivated and once you follow them life will be different but filled with positivity too.
1. Goal SettingSetting up a goal is the primary requirement that will ensure that you are working towards the aim set by you and the goal itself should be big as well as realistic and mere thinking about the goal should be stimulating enough to initiate action.
2. Reasons for pursuing the GoalThere are some primary reasons why you want to achieve something and you must list them in a sequence and keep yourself reminding about the list you just made. That will be a good choice to keep you not only motivated but also positive.
3. Never underestimate your capabilitiesThere is certain vibe created around people when they think about existing competition or certain kind of an atmosphere where an individual believes that he will not be able to achieve what he has aimed for. So primarily instead of worrying about others one must stop underestimating, be doing the worthless comparison and start working and that too on a continuous basis.
4. Celebrate short-term success but don’t get carried awayOne must primarily set short-term goals because they keep you motivated but then achieving those goals every time must be celebrated by you as well. That doesn’t shift your focus and keeps you intact and ensures continuity. One must also not get carried away and realize that this is just one small milestone and there are so many other milestones which are yet to be achieved.
5. Do what you love to doLastly but the very important thing in life which will not only help you feel motivated every time in your life but also ensure that whatever amount of hard work and time that you are putting in is worth, it is to do what you love. Be it your job, homework, daily chores, or even a small tedious task you should just love that work and get involved in it to such an extent that it is no longer work, but a fun exercise along with a lot of learning involved.
So work is always fun and if it is not then one must find ways to make it fun, ultimately when it becomes an exercise whereby you are enjoying it, it will never need any sought of external push and you will realize that motivation is all within you and it is within your approach.
Motivation is a fire within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.
- Stephen R. Covey
Written by Rounak Hotchandani
A media and communication aspirant, does writing and reading books as a hobby and a philanthropist.