Long distance relationships may be tough but it has its own surprises too. To keep your love alive and strong, here are some tips to make your long distance relationship work:
1. Try to communicate regularly and most importantly creatively.You can greet each other by the “good night” and “good morning” texts every day. Update your partner with the daily happenings; send pictures, short videos, and audio clips. This will keep up the charm.
2. Avoid excessive and sticky communicationIt is unwise to be overly sticky and possessive. You don’t really have to communicate 12 hours a day to keep the relationship going. Many couples think that they need to compensate for the distance by doing more. But it’s not true!
3. See it as an Opportunity“If you want to live together, you first need to learn how to live apart”
View it as a learning journey for both of you. See it as a test of your love for each other.
4. Set some ground rules to manage your expectations.Both of you need to be clear with what you expect of with each other during this relationship.
5. Stay Positive and Keep TrustOne of the important thing that is required to be done. You’ll have to be positive throughout the relationship. Trust each other, share your problems but don’t hide anything which can create differences later.
Everything works but sometimes they take little or sometimes they take a little more time to settle and work. So keep calm and wait for a happy relationship.
Written by Manisha Choraria
A Graduate, Full of enthusiasm. Bollywood freak and full of life. Love writing and aspire to evolve as a good writer.