Yoga is an ancient part of our world which has been practised for thousands of years in our country. It is a practise that rejuvenates our body and mind while self-being the focal point. This helps us in becoming fine tuned with our spiritual sense and forming a connection between the physicality and spirituality of our being.
The various reasons as to why you need to start doing yoga, to make it a daily routine of your life are here:
1. FitnessBeing fit and healthy doesn’t mean only in terms of body, it’s about both mental and physical fitness. Yoga offers you with just that, an all round fitness along with a sense of joy and enthusiastic emotions in your body. It provides you with improved health, increases your physical power and detoxifies your body. It simply rejuvenates you.
2. Weight LossEveryone wishes to lose that extra fat present in the body but isn’t interested in going through rigorous regimes of exercise. Yoga is a natural and effective means to get rid of that extra weight, with some simple and easy postures.
3. Improves ImmunityOur system is a blend of the body, mind and spirit and a simple irregularity in one part could disrupt the whole system. Yoga is of imminent help in this as it massages and strengthens the muscles of our body while improving the immunity in the process.
4. Stress RelieverYoga can help you with the stress that is running rampant in our lives, as it loosens and relaxes out your muscles. A handful of minutes and some simple postures will mitigate the stress from your body.
5. Sound SleepAs it relaxes your muscles and gives you stress relief, you are able to sleep more deeply and peacefully. There have been detailed studies in this context that proves that yoga contributes to sounder and fuller sleep which in result adds to your productivity.
6. FlexibilityAs you do various posture of yoga, your body grows to that familiarity. The practise helps you in better flexibility with a body that is also supple and strong. You even improve your body postures of daily routines.
7. Better Self-Awareness and IntuitionYoga helps you with creating an awareness to deal with your needs in more effective manner. It helps you out in your intuitive ability to better understand and analyse your environment and yourself.
Yoga is a continuous process that gives you a long and healthy life. You can start with some easy Asanas such as Pranayama, Kapalbhati, and Shavasana that are quite simple and immensely effective.
Written by Anjali Tyagi
I am a hardcore reader and a story weaver with an affinity for words and to rhyme.