2. Find the beauty in the unplanned.On the contrary, sometimes it pays to be spontaneous. Some places are meant to be visited without a pre-decided plan. If there are changes in your plans, embrace them.
3. Look for the hidden.Travel to places where none of your friends have gone before. Do your research. Find hidden gems across the world. Explore the unexplored.
4. Find meaning in the ordinary.Meanwhile, traveling does not always mean packing your bags and flying off to a foreign country. You can travel within the boundaries of your city, as well. You just have to know where to look.
5. Talk to strangers.Talk with the locals. Talk with fellow travelers. Strike a conversation with the lady in line at the ticket counter. Either you will be snubbed or you will have the opportunity to engage in a fulfilling conversation. You will miss out on a lot, though, if you never try.
6. Respect others' privacy.On the other hand, some countries' cultures strive to maintain privacy. People may not be too pleased when you try to make small talk. In such cases, pick up on certain cues and maintain your distance so as to not barge into their personal space.
Whether you are in Paris or in the Spiti Valley, experiencing the local way of living is an encounter in itself. Take part in local activities. Dodge into that overlooked street and see what you might be missing out on. Be safe, though.
7. Experience the local life.
The next time you decide you want to travel, keep these things in mind and remember that whatever you choose to do, you will always gain something or the other from it. Happy journeying!