Why Do We Give Up?As you go further and further, GOING GETS ROUGH, your goal gets tough, and it becomes difficult to decide if it’s all worth it in the end or not.
Everything which once was a clear understanding of what to do now has become a confusion, your DREAM SEEMS MORE UNCLEAR and unworthy.
PEOPLE TALK. They talk about you and your goal, they make judgments and criticize. Because you failed once or twice or thrice, you assume that the line is not yours and hence, whatever people say seems logical and relevant.
YOU FEAR of what it won’t be the success you thought it would be like.
IT DOES NOT EXCITE YOU like before and hence, it’s not for you, it does not enthusiast you like it did when you started it.
PEOPLE WON’T APPRECIATE IT because it was not challenging in the first place. You have forgotten why you started this in the first place, no reason seems satisfying and no perfect answer seems to come.
IT’S VERY COMMON and anyone can achieve it so why to bother, it’s better to find something else so that it’s finally worth it.
You don’t have the same confidence in yourself as you used to have, you have LOST TRUST in yourself and the only relevant answer is to give up.
(1) BE HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE A DREAM AT LEAST-Most people we know only exist; they seem to be lifeless because of their monotonous boring routines. They are more interested in doing what’s easy rather than looking up for opportunities or taking risks. They are that 95% of the population who gave up easily thinking that failure is a sign of giving up, whereas failure is actually a sign of success!
The goal in life is to have what you want, it’s that easy; don’t let people complicate it for you, have a dream and don’t be afraid to chase it because it’s tough, be that 5% who are different because They.Took.What.They.Wanted.
(2) “I DO WHAT I LIKE TO DO, I DON’T NEED TO EXPLAIN SOMEONE WHY”-Keep this line in mind because the person who has confidence in oneself gains the confidence of others. Explaining your goal to someone is always a waste of time: they are not interested in your life; you shouldn’t be interested in their opinions. Keep those people close who believe in you and those people closer who criticize you. Those who don’t believe in you are the ones which can be cut loose.
(3) IT’S NOT ALWAYS NECESSARY TO TAKE ADVICE-Believing in yourself rather than believing in people’s advice Will.Never.Be.Wrong.
(4) NEVER COMPARE-Don’t give up because someone else’s road is better or more interesting than yours. They chose a different road, learn from them but never compare. You don’t know their story, they don’t know yours.
(5) PEOPLE WILL TALK-Let them talk. People talk about you because they have nothing else interesting in their life to talk about. Giving up because someone else thinks this or that is not and never will be a valid reason.
(6) IF YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAM, THEN YOU HAVE TO DREAM ONE-Killing your passion or your goal is a slow poison to your life; if this is the only dream you care about, then giving it up will be the biggest mistake.
(7) JUST BECAUSE THERE’S FOG, DOESN’T MEAN THAT THE ROAD IS ABSENT-Troubles will come and go; but if they don’t, then it’s the wrong road because if there's nothing to lose in the process, winning is sort of boring then.
(8) FEARS ARE COMMON, BUT THE REAL PROBLEM OCCURS WHEN YOU FIND COMFORT BELIEVING IN THEM-Challenges should not stop you but only encourage you. If you don’t have one tough dream, your life’s story is going to be damn boring then.
(9) STOP OVER THINKING-When you stop caring about what people think and when you don’t need their concerns; then that’s when your road begins.
(10) FAIL FAST AND CARRY ON-Don’t play easy, play hard; be the tough one, stand out, take risks, break rules, have patience, stop getting stuck, move; change, know that it’s okay to take risks rather than sticking to the same place, it’s okay to fail continuously, always learn new things, always, never be afraid to take a step, never.
It’s easy to give up, but the greatest stories of life happen only when you stay.
Written by Prachi Bohra
Travelling makes me learn something new and encourages me to write.