- Creation of digital infrastructure
- Services on demand and governance delivery
- Digital empowerment of citizens
- On 5th September 2016, the Smartphone scheme was launched for all those students who have completed their school and are about to enter college, so that they can be connected to the outside world.
- Under the scheme, a student who is above 18 years can get a smartphone just by registering for it.
- The registration would start from the last week of September and by mid-2017 the smartphones would be delivered.
- This scheme is based on entirely first come first serve basis.
- Apps both in the form of audio-visual and text related to the government jobs and schemes would be present in those smartphones so that the students can be aware of the outside world.
- The funds for the entire scheme would be provided by the government itself.
- All the smartphones will have the latest technology in it.
- An application that would consist of all the government information including policies and various schemes including the feedback mechanisms.
- Provision of customized services to different sections of people like farmers (details related to agriculture and farming), milk producers (information about milk products and market scenarios), students (education and study materials), job applicants (latest information about job vacancies), business holders (details about business shares and market).
- People would not have to visit any government office in order to get the Smartphone. After registering it would be available at the doorstep itself by mid-2017.
- Until the Smartphone is delivered to the people it would be generating SMS alerts at every stage of application.
In order to get the Smartphone, one must fall under the following eligibility criteria. It has been mentioned below:
- Must be a citizen of Uttar Pradesh state.
- On 1st January 2017, the age of the citizen must be 18 years.
- A minimum high school pass qualification is needed.
- The applicant or their guardian must not be a regular government employee.
- The families average annual income must not be more than 2 Lac per annum.
Thus we find that the Samajwadi Smartphone Scheme would really be a benefit for all the sections of the people. This digital initiative by the UP government would really be a boon for the citizens. It is the dream of UP CM Akhilesh Yadav to see Uttar Pradesh as one of the leading IT sectors in the country. His continuous efforts in developing Uttar Pradesh in every possible manner are praiseworthy. These efforts no doubt are bringing in unprecedented growth and development within the state. Very soon the entire state will be digitized. And the day is not far when the dream of a digital future will really become a present.
Written by Anisha Dutta
She is a content evangelist who believes that the Science of today is the Technology of tomorrow.