1. A nation full of geographical variations.From mountains to plains to valleys, deserts to snowy regions to the 24x7 monsoon affected regions, we have it all. The best part is how all the geographical variations are beautiful and how a vacation spent in any of the regions would rejuvenate you!
Need I say more? Indian cuisine is rated the third best cuisine in the world and it wouldn’t be a surprise if it becomes the best! From its delicious aroma to its unique taste with the spices and sweets, it doesn’t fail to captivate anyone who has a single taste.
2. Indian food.
3. The phenomenal minds of our country.Not only has India given the world the number zero, it has also invented the game of chess. Mathematical studies of Algebra, Trigonometry, and Calculus all were invented in India. Other than Japan and the United States, India is the only country to have indigenously built the supercomputer.
India exports its software to 90 other countries. May 26 is celebrated as Science Day in Switzerland to honour A.P.J Abdul Kalam's first visit to the country. The second large number of scientists and engineers are Indians. The French are relying on our technology after successfully launching five foreign satellites into space!
4. Indian architecture.The architecture is rooted deeply in India’s history, religion, and cultures. It progressed with time and adapted the many influences on India. The architecture, an integral part of what makes India great is influenced by the Indus Valley Civilization, the Middle Ages, Maratha, Islamic architecture and the European architecture.
5. World’s largest democracy.India is the world’s largest democracy with 1.2 billion people. The constitution of India is also the longest constitution written. It contains 444 articles in 22 parts, 12 schedules and 118 amendments with 1,46,385 words in its English translation.
6. Indian cinema.The Indian Cinema is the biggest and the largest movie producer in the world, producing a roundabout 1100 movies per year.
7. Just, because.Because no matter how horrible we are towards our own people, we are also the best. We wouldn’t mind taking the lathi beatings from police officers if it means giving an innocent rape victim justice. Because there’s that patriotic spirit in each and every one of us as even after 70 years of independence, our blood boils whenever a fellow Indian is wronged. Because our country is gradually becoming more socially and politically aware and is getting aware of homophobia, feminism, and racism.
8. Cultural diversity.With a vast variety of cultures in India, we have plenty of food, art, and music to choose from! Our country is a union of so many cultures that has been influenced through the millennia but that doesn’t stop us from diving into our culture and being proud of it.
Although India has to improve in a lot in other senses, we can’t ignore India’s achievements until now (including the fact that we haven’t ever invaded a country in our existence!).
Written by Durva Bhatt
A bibliophile who is fuelled entirely by caffeine, sarcasm, fandoms and random thoughts.