For any pilgrimage tour, the selection of the pilgrims is done based on the first come first serve basis as well as in terms of seniority of age. All the necessary and minimum required facilities are provided by the UP government itself like food, lodging, and items of daily usage as well as free medical facilities. Also, care is taken that the pilgrims get the best possible buses for local tours, proper transportation facilities, connecting trains plying between the required places of visit and a proper and clean place to stay.
The names of the tours that have already been undertaken include the following:
- Haridwar and Hrishikesh on March 14, 2015
- Ajmer and Pushkar on July 23, 2015
- Tirupati and Rameshwaram on January 20, 2016
- Jagannath Puri and Konark temple in Odisha on February 24, 2016
- Dwarka, Somnath and Nageshwar temple on July 26,2016
In order to avail the Samajwadi Shravan Yatra following points are to be kept in mind:
- The person should be a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- He/she must be above 60 years of age.
- Address proof or self-attested identity cards must be there.
- Certificate of medical fitness must be certified by the medical officer.
- Elderly people are also allowed to take one attendant with them, they should also carry the details of their illness (if any) and the related medicines.
- The Government will also send doctors and the paramedics along with the pilgrims to take care of any medical emergencies.
- Every passenger would also get a free medical and accident insurance by the SP government.
- These documents can be uploaded online on the website: samajwadishravanyatra.upgov.info
- The mobile numbers of the pilgrims are also noted down in order to notify the required details through SMS.
This spiritual journey to religious places has enabled many senior citizens to go for a free pilgrimage. The people have compared UP CM Akhilesh Yadav to Shravan Kumar. Since there is no bar on religion under this initiative, it also promotes communal harmony. Since time immemorial, religious tours have always been considered an integral part of our culture. These kinds of tours can promote our culture and tradition. People get to know more about their own roots, that will gradually strengthen the unity and integrity of the country. The Samajwadi Shravan Yatra is surely fulfilling the dreams of the people in their sunset years, bringing hope, and smile on their faces.
Written by Anisha Dutta
She is a content evangelist who believes that the Science of today is the Technology of tomorrow.