UP CM Akhilesh Yadav has mentioned that any kind of negligence will not be accepted related to the relief materials that are being sent to the flood-affected areas.
- All the departments that are involved in this must be vigilant enough to look into the needs of the affected areas.
- Proper assistance must be provided to all the flood-hit people and funds have also been allotted separately for the maintenance of the dams.
- It is the duty of the officers to check that everything is in place and is set properly in the flood affected regions.
- As told by UP CM Akhilesh Yadav that contingency plans must be set up in order to deal with the problem, money will not cause any hindrance in the way of providing relief to the people. Already Rs.300 crore has been set aside to meet any kind of exigency.
- The chief minister has also asked the district magistrates to monitor the water levels regularly in the flood affected zones.
- Also, a constant check must be done to know the spread of water-borne diseases in the flood affected areas. It is also ensured that no shortage of medicine occurs. Sufficient medicines and injections must be available to prevent the problem of snake-bite which is one of the most common problems during floods.
- Constant updates from all the zones are being delivered to UP CM Akhilesh Yadav so that he can monitor each and every zone. The preparations for the flood relief operations have already been done beforehand so that none of the zones are left out.
- The online portal http://rahat.up.nic.in/ of Disaster Management System where Government of Uttar Pradesh regularly updates the reports of the possible alarming conditions and the related measures taken to tackle them.
- Helipads have been set up so that in times of emergency helicopters can be sent to deliver the relief materials. Also if any official from the flood affected regions needs a leave then he must apply and seek permission beforehand to be able to avail the leave.
- An order has been passed which states that 'flood control rooms' must be set up in the flood-hit areas. These rooms will work as call centres.
- Food items for the animals must also be made available in sufficient quantity. Not only people but also the animals must be safe and secure. This is one of the very good steps that have been undertaken by the UP government; it not only caters to the need of the drought affected people but also looks into other lives too like the animals.
From all the above points it is very clear that how the Uttar Pradesh government under the regime of UP CM Akhilesh Yadav is working hard to minimize the flood problems as fast as possible by undertaking so many measures. The efforts are really worth appreciating; the ways by which they are handling every situation by remaining vigilant always and looking into the needs of the people including animals too. Also, the funds that have been allocated for the flood-hit areas are being utilized without posing any kind of hindrance in terms of money. Proper and adequate medical facilities have also been made available so that the health of the people does not deteriorate. Due to these efforts, the citizens feel safe and secure and are proud to have a government like this. All the efforts of UP CM Akhilesh Yadav will really be fruitful in the years to come.
Written by Anisha Dutta
She is a content evangelist who believes that the Science of today is the Technology of tomorrow.