Here are some amazing things that made him an extraordinary man:1. Dr. Kalam came from a humble background. He used to sell newspapers to support his family financially.
2. It is known that he was one of those few men who brought dignity to whatever things he did. He was fully dedicated to all his works. Politics too! He is considered to be one of those few politicians whose image in Politics was completely clean.
3. Dr. Kalam was a great inspiration to many, especially kids. He always inspired the kids to dream big and achieve their goals.
4. He served as India’s 11th President from 2002-2007 and was undoubtedly one of the most loved politicians of the country.
5. Dr. Kalam was nominated for Youth Icon of the year award by MTV in 2003 and 2006.
6. He was honored with the Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan, and even the Bharat Ratna.
7. When Dr. Kalam first moved to Rashtrapati Bhawan, he asked all luxurious rooms to be locked up as he didn’t want to use them. He moved to a small room and used the same to work and sleep.
8. Before becoming the president, he worked as an Aerospace Engineer with DRDO and ISRO. He was called the “Missile Man” of India.
The missing place of Dr. Kalam can never be filled but his inspiring words and contributions will always be with us and motivate us. He was India’s gem. Rest in Peace Sir.
Written by Manisha Choraria
A Graduate, Full of enthusiasm. Bollywood freak and full of life. Love writing and aspire to evolve as a good writer.