1. Leslie is Confident, Strong and Optimistic.
2. Friends, Waffles and Work are her top three priorities.
3. She is an everyday woman, going through everything a middle-class person has to go through.Her intelligence and clever ways of handling all the hurdles life throws at her, makes her more empathetic with everyone. She understands the everyday struggles of life. She has some pretty bad days, but she knows how to pump herself out of it. She will always stand by her beliefs, even if she knows it will turn some heads.
4. She is a big time Feminist and isn’t afraid to admit it.She is a huge rooter of brains over beauty but she also knows that neither brains nor beauty define a woman. She isn’t afraid to shut the haters and sexist people up. She believes in equality and is compassionate towards all her co-workers, even the ones who don’t deserve her goodness. She is not afraid to check your privileges.
5. She believes in Equal Rights for all.
6. She lets nothing stand in between Herself and her Goals.
7. She fights for Sex Education.When the older citizens of Pawnee were infested with STDs, she took the first stance and fought with all that she had to educate them about sex. In a country with the population of 1.2 billion, we definitely need people like her to take a step forward and fight for it.
In conclusion, everyone should aspire to become even a little like Leslie Knope. She is stubborn, determined, hardworking and an example of a perfect human being, who also has her flaws and imperfections.
Written by Durva Bhatt
A bibliophile who is fuelled entirely by caffeine, sarcasm, fandoms and random thoughts.