Few efforts and the activities of the UP government have been enlisted below:
- Setting up of high-level cancer institute in the state capital, Lucknow, is one of the major decisions of the government.
- Government medical colleges have been set up in Jaunpur, Chandauli, and Budaun district. Also, a medical university is to be set up in Greater Noida. Paramedical college in Kannauj district is to be set up.
- Since the last two years, 42 new government degree colleges have been set up. Also, 2 new universities under the government have been established.
- In the ITI's, the number of training seats has also been increased so that a greater number of youths can take part in it. 46 new ITI's have opened. In the next two years, 20 new ITI's would be coming up.
- In Ambedkar Nagar, Bijnor, Banda, and Azamgarh, 4 new engineering colleges have come up with a capacity of 300 seats. Also, 8 new polytechnics in the government sector and 50 in private have been started.
- People can register themselves on Uttar Pradesh Skill Development Mission (http://upsdm.gov.in) and enroll for various vocational and skill development courses.
- By the advent of Uttar Pradesh Skill Development Mission in various districts, a total of 1817 private training centers have been established so far.
- As per the statistics on 20th January 2016, the number of youth who have been trained with various skills in these training centers is 2,39,485.
- In 2012, the student enrollment rate in basic senior schools stood at 57.17% but it has shown a steep increase to 65.95% by the end of 2015, thus showing an exemplary growth of around 15% .
- The student drop-out rate in schools which was more than 49% in 2012 has now decreased to approximately 39%.
Recently CM Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated the Medical College and Hospital at Shahjahanpur. During the inauguration, he expressed his feelings and how this hospital can provide a better health care facility for the citizens there. People belonging from all the sections of society can now avail better medical facilities at a faster rate. The CM also claimed that setting up a medical college these days is a difficult task but in spite of this, the UP government is ready to provide assistance whenever required. Also due to lack of good doctors, 700 seats have been introduced in the medical colleges so that in future the state is not devoid of good doctors.
CM Akhilesh Yadav believes that if the present youth is provided guidance in the right direction then no one can stop them from achieving what they aim to achieve. The development of the state entirely lies in the hands of the present generation. The sense of equality must prevail among everyone. No one should feel biased due to lack of education. If the light of education reaches every corner of the country then India will be one of the most successful countries. Various training programs must also be organized so as to encourage the youths to study. Employment generation must be on the rise and unemployment would gradually eradicate out.
The dreams and wishes of the youth would come true through the efforts of the UP government to make it an IT city. An amount of Rs. 1,500 crore is being spent for the setting up of the IT city. The work of the IT city is expected to complete by October 2016. The IT city is being set up in Lucknow on a 100-acre land. Almost 450 labourers and engineers are involved in its development. After the setting up of the IT city, the IT export services will grow widely. On the other hand, about 70,000 youths will be employed in this sector. As soon as the IT city develops, the day is not far when the youths will not have to go and search for jobs in cities like Gurgaon, Delhi, and Noida.
Shri Akhilesh Yadav has promised to improve the education sector of the state in order to ensure a safe and a better future for the citizens. The youth must realize their goal and work towards achieving it. The young talents need to be nurtured so as to bring success in their lives as well as within the state. Anyone who possesses the talent and has a strong determination to work towards it, backed by hard work, then no one can stop them from achieving their goal. All they need to have is a strong and dedicated focus on their aim.
Written by Anisha Dutta
She is a content evangelist who believes that the Science of today is the Technology of tomorrow.