We have a plethora of entertaining sites to choose from- be it Instagram, Reddit, Omegle, Tumblr or YouTube.
YouTube is probably the most popular site for the younger generation because it is like a live interface between the viewer and the video maker. Gone are the days when kids used youtube to work on physics laboratory calculations, it’s the era of Vlogs and hauls and challenges as the youtube lingo goes.
Here are a few Youtubers who cover the vast spectrum of the Youtube rainbow:
1. Just For Laughs Gags – You’ll laugh so hard—and it’s not even raunchy.
2. The Tonight Show – Starring Jimmy Fallon. The trailer video alone…
3. Bad Lip Reading – Putting words into other people’s mouths.
4. Funny Or Die – Funny videos from your favorite comedians and celebrities.
5. Conan – Because Conan can make an interview with a non-funny person hilarious.
6. Jimmy Wong – Comedy and tunes.
7. Blimey Cow – Good funny fun you’d want your kids to watch.
8. Comedy Central – “Brings you the funniest stuff on the planet.”
9. MEM – Funny new videos from some of your favorite YouTube creators.
10. Jack Vale Films – He pranks people for a living.
Science1. Veritasium – “An element of truth” science and engineering videos.
2. Kurz Gesagt – In A Nutshell – Videos explaining things because science is beautiful.
3. SciShow – People who hate not knowing dig a little deeper into things…
4. Sick Science! – Beyond cool experiments, you can do at home.
5. Reactions – Uncovers the chemistry in everyday life.
6. SmarterEveryDay – Explore the world using science.
7. MinutePhysics – Physics and science explained simply and creatively.
8. Deep Look – Explores big scientific concepts by going very, very small.
9. AsapSCIENCE – A weekly dose of science; explained whiteboard-style.
10. brusspup – Illusions and science.
People & Personalities1. Zoella – It’s Zoella.
2. Jamie Oliver / Food Tube – Recipes, tutorials, fresh talent, wonderful food and funny videos.
3. vlogbrothers – Raising nerdy to the power of awesome.
4. Grant Thompson – The king of random.
5. Tom Scott – A good mix of entertainment and fact-spewing.
6. CrazyRussianHacker – Cool experiments (and stuff).
7. Andrew Huang – Really creative music and other stuff.
8. Jim Chapman – From food to clothes to just hanging out.
9. Alfie Deyes – PointlessBlog.
10. Amy Walker – Actress, singer, writer.
Action, Adventure, Travel, Fun1. FunForLouis – A daily travelogue. Follow Louis on his global adventures.
2. Dude Perfect – 5 best friends doing crazy things.
3. JacksGap – A project born from a love of travel and good storytelling.
4. Hey Nadine – Wanderlust, comedy and inspirational videos.
5. soniastravels – Travel is about an attitude rather than a checklist.
6. Inside the Magic – Your source for themed entertainment.
7. vagabrothers – Two brothers traveling the world.
8. Samuel & Audrey – Go around the world to experience food, culture and travel.
9. Peter Bragiel – The greatest journeys around the world.
10. Carly Friesen – Vlogs, travel and learning Dutch.
Makeup & Beauty1. Maskcara – Self-taught makeup artist that believes everyone is 2x as beautiful as they think.
2. Jamie Greenberg – A celebrity makeup artist from Hollywood.
3. Lisa Eldridge – Works with many of the world’s top A-List celebs, models, mags and brands.
4. Sephora – Beauty news, inspiration and makeup tips.
5. Elle Fowler – Beauty, fashion and decor—all things feminine.
6. Tanya Burr – Fashion, makeup, baking and other stuff.
7. Estée Lalonde – Canadian living in London.
8. CoffeeBreakWithDani – Obsessed with coffee and beauty products.
9. Allure – An insider’s guide to a woman’s total image.
10. ipsy – The world’s largest and most passionate online beauty community.
Boredom Killers1. Numberphile – Videos about numbers. It’s that simple (and more interesting than it sounds).
2. Matthew Santoro – Uploads a new list every Saturday. Facts galore.
3. WatchMojo – Top 10 lists. Lots and lots of top 10 lists.
4. DaveHax – How-to and craft videos using simple household items.
5. kipkay – DIY, hacks, pranks and how-to.
6. Anglophenia – For lovers of all things British.
7. HouseholdHacker – Mods, life-hacks, science, cheats and more.
8. The Brain Scoop – Meet Emily, the Chief Curiosity Correspondent of The Field Museum.
I hope you check out these channels ASAP because you are in for a ride!
Written by Yamini Jaiswal
She spills dreams on paper and hopes to resurrect the power of the written word through artistic expression. An Illustrator for poetry and musings.