1. The patriarchal society defines men by their Sexuality and Masculinity.
Men are supposed to be the protectors of the family and the woman. They are supposed to not ask for help as doing so would make them less of a man in the condescending eyes of the society.
Men are also pressurized to look a certain way: Wearing ‘feminine’ colours and applying nail polish will surely earn a couple of ‘hawws’ from the neighboring aunty. Gender stereotypes are harmful for everyone.
2. Patriarchy makes Men the sole breadwinner of the family.
3. Men are supposed to choose a Stable Career.
4. Men are not supposed to seek Help.
5. They are not supposed to be Feminists.
Written by Durva Bhatt
A bibliophile who is fuelled entirely by caffeine, sarcasm, fandoms and random thoughts.