The EMTS (Emergency Medical Transport Service) popularly known as 108 Samajwadi Swasthya Seva had been launched in the year 2012 and has a fleet of about 1488 fully equipped ambulances deployed across Uttar Pradesh (according to Govt data). The partnership of BMGF and UP government aims to achieve sustainable development within the state which in turn will lead to an overall development and betterment of the citizens within the state.
- The infant and maternal mortality rates are to be reduced.
- The IYCF (Infant and Young child Feeding) policies are to be strengthened and expanded.
- Proper levels of financial aid and assistance will be provided to the weaker sections of society which will help in their upliftment.
- Technical and Management support will also be provided by BMGF and a team will be formed that will report the problems to the state health ministry.
- To provide a better quality of life to the citizens in terms of health care services.
- Maternal and child health will be the main area of focus limiting the unnatural deaths of mothers and child during birth.
- Vaccination and immunization must be the core area because many diseases crop up due to the lack of vaccination facilities. Free health check-up camps must be organized from time to time that can keep the people healthy and safe.