The malls provide good physical environment which includes elevation, lighting, washroom facility, architecture, building and plan layout, design and structure of the mall. All these features make a mall attractive and attract customers. While developing a building structure one must keep in mind about its design because it is the design that will attract customers to it.
The study of consumer behavior is also very important because it provides an idea to the marketers about the tastes and preferences of the customers. They will get to know what a consumer wants to buy and his needs as well. The marketers need to study the consumers very closely in order to determine their tastes and the changes occurring in the minds of the customer.
There are various reasons that cater to the emergence of malls in India; few of them are as follows:
- Eagerness and excitement of Indian shoppers to have a new shopping experience.
- Fast growing middle class with higher level of discretionary income.
- Emergence of youth as an independent shopper
- It has made shopping convenient and easier
- Change in lifestyle as well as consumer perceptions
There are various types of malls which are as follows:
- Regional malls: It is a mall that is designed to provide a larger service than the conventional malls.
- Outlet malls: It is a mall where the manufacturers sell their own products directly to the customers through their own stores.
- Vertical malls: These are the multi-storey building which have adopted the western culture.
- Dead malls: These are the ones which have failed to attract customers and develop their business.
Article by Anisha Dutta
She is a content evangelist who believes that the Science of today is the Technology of tomorrow.
She can be reached at https://twitter.com/Anisha_Dutta29