Multinational Companies have started about 25 years ago and have spread all over the world. They are giant sized companies carrying operations in several countries having a centralized control. Some popular MNC’s globally include Sony (Japan), Suzuki (Japan), Cadbury (U.K.), Proctor and Gamble (USA), Ponds (USA), Honda (Japan), Gillette (USA), Brook Bond (U.K.). Currently,USA has the largest number of MNC’s in the world.
|Image credit: Quotesgram.com|
- Multinationals bring more and more capital into the country and is supplementing the efforts of developing economies.
- These Multinational Corporations are bringing better technology by entering into joint ventures. Developing countries have obsolete technologies which are getting replaced as the MNC’s are coming on the business front.
- It also develops a competition among various firms and industries which in turn improves the market and business conditions.
- Various job opportunities are available as the MNC’s start investing in developing countries.
- The infrastructure also gets improved as many MNC’s are setting up projects here. This would result in an infrastructural development which will gradually lead to economic growth.
- Due to the availability of resources and lack of ability to utilize those resources judiciously has attracted many MNC’s to set up a business here, this leads to proper utilization of resources.
- It helps in importing better technology and also enables expansion and diversification of production activities.
She can be reached at https://twitter.com/Anisha_Dutta29